Prontoport provides a complete range of inspection services for on and offshore wind turbines and other types of generating and rotating plant equipment. We provide asset owners and other key stakeholders with an objective and independent assessment of the condition of their assets using qualified staff and the latest inspection equipment and methodologies. By doing so our goal is to provide information that will help you better understand the risks around your asset and prevent costly and potentially hazardous unplanned incidents from occurring.
Our inspection services cover the entire asset life-cycle from manufacturing of components to assembly and construction to operations and life extension.
When to Inspect?
Inspections can be carried out at any point during asset life cycle. Typical milestones requiring inspections are highlighted below. Prontoport can also tailor inspection scopes to your specific needs.
- Manufacturing of components to ensure your assets meet required quality standards with QA/QC review
- Storage and / or transport of equipment to ensure no damage during transit
- Commissioning the project to ensure assets are built to agreed upon specifications
- Assessing asset performance and condition during operation such as 500 hour servicing in the early phase of offshore asset operations
- Planning and evaluating maintenance routines
- Investigating damage to determine best course of action based on damage severity
- Regularly inspect and monitor known issues (“serial defects”) to keep on top of problems)
- End of warranty to ensure all potential OEM repairs or extended warranty provisions are understood
- Root cause analysis to drive solutions and classify failure or issues as wear and tear, defect or serial
- Asset life extension inspections to inform decision making on whether to carry on, repower or retire the asset
What to Inspect?
Inspections can cover all components of on and offshore wind power generation systems including the blades, nacelle and all key drivetrain components, tower, foundation and electrical system. This skillset enables us to inspect other types of structures and rotating electro-mechanical equipment found in other industries. We also inspect PPE to ensure engineers and technicians have the equipment that will keep them safe and that it’s fully certified.
A key element of our Inspect offering is delivering reports to clients which clearly assess the condition of the specific piece of equipment inspected, identify the root cause of any issues identified and proposed follow-up measures to ensure asset integrity. Our goal is to provide asset owners with robust and independent information that can lead to:
- Improved availability
- Improved maintenance planning (planned rather than unplanned)
- Increased component life
- Increased plant efficiency at higher throughputs
- Improved root cause failure analysis
- More efficient future maintenance by using RFID tag driven inspection
How we Inspect?
Prontoport can work with you to develop inspection programmes with total transparency at every stage to re-assure you that we are looking after your best interests at all times. All our inspections are carried out by highly qualified inspection engineers with many years of experience in the wind energy sector. They are fully trained on all relevant safety, measurement and operational topics, allowing them to work in a wide range of countries, different locations and operating conditions.
The inspection activities we provide are:
- Oil Sampling and Analysis
- Laser Alignment
A key element of our Inspect offering is delivering reports to clients which clearly assess the condition of the specific piece of equipment inspected, identify the root cause of any issues identified and proposed follow-up measures to ensure asset integrity.
Prontoport has conducted a wide variety of inspections on the following turbines:
- Acciona 1.67MW
- Alstom ECO 74, 80, 100 and 3MW platforms
- Gamesa 2MW
- MHI 250KW
- Nordex 1.3MW and 2.5MW
- Senvion 2MW and 3.6MW
- Siemens 1.3MW and 3.6MW (offshore)
- Vestas 600kw, 2MW and 2.5MW